Friday, February 20, 2009

Favorite Teacher

During grade school I had two teachers that really grabbed my attention in different ways.  

I will first talk about my 5th grade English teacher Mrs. James, who pushed me further than any one had ever pushed me.  At the time I was in her class, I hated it, but as soon as I got out of the class I understood why she was so hard.  She wanted the best for her students and pushing us to be better was her main goal.  She brought the best out of me and taught me that English, even though it was hard, could be fun to learn.  Mrs. James made me realize the little details in life. She made me realize that the more in detail you go, the more people will understand.  This is so true in what I am doing with my life now, every detail counts.  She in some ways, has made me who I am today!

Secondly, also from 5th grade, my Science and Math teacher Mr. Duncan.  Mr. Duncan has continued to be one of my biggest role models in life.  He allowed me to learn through play. We built space shuttles, broadcasted live from the elementary school, and was always learning through hands on activity.  Mr. Duncan has become a mentor for me throughout my life in many ways.  After 5th grade , he became my volleyball coach in high school pushing me everyday to become stronger academically and in my self.  During my senior year, he became my right hand man for the Ruri-teen Civic Club (where I was a president of the club) and was right there taking picture for senior prom, when I got crowned homecoming queen, and etc. Later in life we became coaches for J.O volleyball club.  During college he asked me to teach his 5th graders art, along with Mrs. James' class.  In other words, our lives keep crossing but he always treats me as a student and gives me great advice.  Mr. Duncan has definitely been a huge influence in my life and is still working to make me become a better person as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment